Very Greasy Landing in Dubai

if

G’day all, today I had a very greasy landing in Dubai after doing some testing and practicing. I have been practicing landing without the autopilot. I know the landing was late but it was worth it.

I was flying on solo from Dubai to Dubai in the Emirates Boeing 777-200LR at noon.

All Images and videos are Copyright © 2019 by Qantas094. All rights reserved.

If you want to use the pictures or video for a post, YouTube thumbnail/video, Instagram post, etc please PM me.

Before you all say it’s butter here is the meaning from Wikipedia.

Butter is a dairy product with high butterfat content which is solid when chilled and at room temperature in some regions, and liquid when warmed. It is made by churning fresh or fermented cream or milk to separate the butterfat from the buttermilk. It is generally used as a spread on plain or toasted bread products and a condiment on cooked vegetables, as well as in cooking, such as baking, sauce making, and pan frying. Butter consists of butterfat, milk proteins and water, and often added salt.

Butter Melted and solid butter\ 235x176

Melted and solid butter
Nutritional value per 1 US Tbsp (14.2g)
Energy 101.8 kcal (426 kJ)

Carbohydrates 0.01 g
Sugars 0.01 g

Fat 11.52 g
Saturated 7.294 g
Trans 0.465 g
Monounsaturated 2.985 g
Polyunsaturated 0.432 g

Protein 0.12 g

Vitamins Quantity %DV
Vitamin A equiv. 12%

97.1 μg
Vitamin A 355 IU
Vitamin B12 1%

0.024 μg
Vitamin E 2%

0.33 mg
Vitamin K 1%

0.99 μg

Other constituents Quantity
Cholesterol 30.5 mg
USDA 01145, Butter, without salt.
Fat percentage can vary.
See also Types of butter.

• Units
  • μg = micrograms • mg = milligrams
  • IU = International units
    †Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
    Source: USDA Nutrient Database

Most frequently made from cow’s milk, butter can also be manufactured from the milk of other mammals, including sheep, goats, buffalo, and yaks. Salt such as dairy salt, flavourings such as garlic and preservatives are sometimes added to butter. Rendering butter, removing the water and milk solids, produces clarified butter or ghee , which is almost entirely butterfat.

Butter is a water-in-oil emulsion resulting from an inversion of the cream, where the milk proteins are the emulsifiers. Butter remains a firm solid when refrigerated, but softens to a spreadable consistency at room temperature, and melts to a thin liquid consistency at 32 to 35 °C (90 to 95 °F). The density of butter is 911 grams per litre (0.950 lb per US pint). It generally has a pale yellow color, but varies from deep yellow to nearly white. Its natural, unmodified color is dependent on the source animal’s feed and genetics, but the commercial manufacturing process commonly manipulates the colour with food colourings like annatto or carotene.

Swiss001…

We saw this in the IFC an schyllberg closed it. :blush: We won’t… Yet :joy:

And @Qantas094
Here’s the different types of grease first one mechanic grease

Grease is a semisolid lubricant. Grease generally consists of a soap emulsified with mineral or vegetable oil.[1] The characteristic feature of greases is that they possess a high initial viscosity, which upon the application of shear, drops to give the effect of an oil-lubricated bearing of approximately the same viscosity as the base oil used in the grease. This change in viscosity is called shear thinning. Grease is sometimes used to describe lubricating materials that are simply soft solids or high viscosity liquids, but these materials do not exhibit the shear-thinning properties characteristic of the classical grease. For example, petroleum jellies such as Vaseline are not generally classified as greases.

Greases are applied to mechanisms that can only be lubricated infrequently and where a lubricating oil would not stay in position. They also act as sealants to prevent ingress of water and incompressible materials. Grease-lubricated bearings have greater frictionalcharacteristics due to their high viscosity.

Here’s vegetable oil grease

Vegetable oils , or vegetable fats , are oilsextracted from seeds, or less often, from other parts of fruits. Like animal fats, vegetable fats are mixtures of triglycerides.[1] Soybean oil, rapeseed oil, and cocoa butter are examples of fats from seeds. Olive oil, palm oil, and rice bran oil are examples of fats from other parts of fruits. In common usage, vegetable oil may refer exclusively to vegetable fats which are liquid at room temperature.[2][3] Vegetable oils are usually edible; non-edible oils derived mainly from petroleum are termed mineral oils.

And here’s peanut oil grease

Peanut oil , also known as groundnut oil or arachis oil , is a mild-tasting vegetable oilderived from peanuts. The oil has a strong peanut flavor and aroma.[1][2] It is often used in American, Chinese, South Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine, both for general cooking, and in the case of roasted oil, for added flavor.

I just copy and pasted the information from Wikipedia

Nice landing @Qantas094! Keep it up. btw, it is grease

Thanks everyone

Great photo again mate!

What topic, I am going to inspect it(apology for the late reply, I didn’t see you were posting here, I might but at that time, I ignore what you said)

No one:
@Qantas094: greasy landing
Infinite Flight Assistant: LONG LANDING LONG LANDING LONG LANDING

Well done mate, you use the correct terminology for landings.

Great pictures!

The nose gear bounce in the video though, :confounded:.

I was that slow that the nose just wanted to go down.

unlisted #14