Today is 9/11

I was not alive then. I’m sure some of you weren’t either. But we have the stories of our parents and the scars left in the Northeastern United States. My mom was driving to work in DC when the plane hit the North Tower. “It was an accident” was the first thought as it wasn’t the first time a plane crashed in downtown Manhattan. A small private jet had crashed into the Empire State a few years earlier in low visibility. The buildings are in the clouds so you couldn’t have blamed the pilots. Then another one hit the South Tower. Both were larger aircraft, the media being their stereotypical selves, thinking it was a 737, whereas the aircraft were larger than that. My mom was treating a patient when a loud boom was heard from the west of her building. She looked outside and across the river, there was a large cloud of black smoke coming from Arlington, VA. People who hadn’t heard the news from New York thought it was an incident similar to 1988 when a plane stalled into the Potomac on departure from DCA on the River Visual. Instead, it was a large 767 that had taken off from JFK that deliberately crashed into the Pentagon, at an almost level pitch, snapping street lights across the street. 2996 people lost their lives, let’s take a long moment of silence for the deadliest attack on contiguous America.

10 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:

7 Likes

So sad that this happened I was going to make a topic honoring those whom lost their lives today 18 years ago

4 Likes

~ I`m at school and the IFC is blocked. I would have copied and pasted it here ~

My father was on a live telecom call to his boss, Richard Y.C. Lee as the first aircraft crashed a few floors below him. He heard the screams, the explosions, the terror that was occurring in the World Trade. He was watching it on a live News channel in the office. He witnessed the views, and the sound, of this. Richard was one of the 812 out of the 2,996 who died working for Cantor Fitzgerald. I now have a piece of the Twin Towers` Steel.

Cantor Fitzgerald's corporate headquarters and New York City office, on the 101st to the 105th floors of One World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan (2 to 6 floors above the impact zone of a hijacked airliner), were destroyed during the September 11, 2001 attacks. Wikipedia

The firm lost 658 people—two thirds of its New York City workforce—on 9/11. It survived by dedicating its future to the families of those who died. This story was originally published in September of 2016, for the 15th anniversary of 9/11. On September 10, 2001, Cantor Fitzgerald had 960 employees in New York City. Some Website

idk why it says 658, the official Cantors` released it as 812 deaths.

https://livingmemorial.voicesofseptember11.org/richard-yc-lee-rich

5 Likes

Yeah my school has the IFC blocked
Now I have a story about that day that my dad told me…

6 Likes

Shame this happened.

5 Likes

Mine hasn’t. Yet

Anyways, I wasn’t even born when this happened, however those whom perished will always remain in our hearts…

5 Likes

I was wasn’t born yet ether my parents whee still in college and I wasn’t born until “05”

4 Likes

At school today, I wrote the heading “9/11 Never Forget” on the top of all my sheets of paper. That’s what I did to remember this horrific day in our history.

7 Likes

I should’ve done that

5 Likes

On this day 18 years ago, two Boeing 757s And Boeing 767s were hijacked and crashed over various parts of the United States east coast, 1 went to the Pentagon, two went to the World Trade Centers and one crashed in Pennsylvania. My heart goes out to the Some 2000 people that lost their lives in this tragic event.

Lest We Forget September 11

9 Likes

To Those who died that they may rest in peace in Gods right hand.

Lord Hear Us.

:pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

I were born 2 years after the day of 9/11 and check out the video by Wynwyn2x https://youtu.be/Q8c81PE3wP8

2 Likes

Scary things, people has lost their beloved person, America changed, our life were changed. We will never forget this event. As New York City shine up a 2 bright rays, standing the site of 2 towers once to be greatest building in the past. We Will Never Forgot September the 11th.

5 Likes

Today is Thursday :cry:

Never forget the events that happened on 9/11 and hope they never happen again. :pray:

9 Likes

Unless you are @Qantas094 :smile:

9 Likes