Thunderstorm Tracking/Picture Thread

G’day all, in this thread you can post about upcoming thunderstorms and warnings, also post your pictures of the thunderstorms.

To start off this was taken about 15 minutes ago and I don’t think it’s safe at all.

The edited versions

Quick question, does the last picture work as I can’t see it? If it does then my iPad and or browser is playing up and the @moderators and @ondrej2021 can delete this.

Hate it when I press the delete button accidentally.

Yes I can’t see it, but those are impressive Storm front shots

Here’s some more to make the hairs on the back of ya neck stand up.

image image

Alien truck question mark

aLiEn hOuSe qUeStIoN mArK

A broken image - bigger than the size in the settigs

Oh yeah that’s right that one was like 10MB

I’ll check the settings later :slight_smile:

Thanks, I have a picture that’s 56MB if you want to see it.

Here’s the picture.

Well those are some weird thunderstorm clouds next time one rolls into Houston I’ll get you guys some pictures.

If you lived in Oklahoma

Oh HELLLLLL NOOOOOO

I don’t like tornadoes

Wow! Those are some big thunderstorms!

We don’t get many storms here in DC, but when we do, they’re bad. The sky is really dark and the winds are so strong, they knock over small trees and send trash cans flying across the street. I’ll be sure to take a picture of the next one that hits us.

Here we go guys, another storm for us Aussies, below is the official warning from BoM.gov.au

IDV21033

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL

For people in Mallee, South West, Wimmera and parts of Central, Northern Country and North Central Forecast Districts.

Issued at 9:05 pm Friday, 1 November 2019.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH CENTRAL AND WESTERN VICTORIA.

Weather Situation:
Severe thunderstorms are expected in a moist airmass on and ahead of a surface trough in the west of the State. Damaging winds and heavy rain are a risk with thunderstorms.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mildura, Horsham, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Maryborough, Ballarat, Geelong and Melbourne.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

• Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
  • Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
  • Keep clear of fallen power lines.
  • Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
  • Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
  • Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
  • Be alert that in areas recently affected by fires, heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
  • Stay indoors if possible.
  • Avoid using the phone during the storm.
  • If you are outside, avoid sheltering under trees
  • Listen to the radio for storm updates
  • Switch off your computer and electrical appliances

The next warning is due to be issued by 12:05 am Saturday.

If severe thunderstorms develop in the Melbourne Area, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

Update!

IDV21033

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL

For people in Mallee, Wimmera and parts of Northern Country and North Central Forecast Districts.

Issued at 11:55 pm Friday, 1 November 2019.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS A RISK IN NORTHWESTERN VICTORIA TONIGHT

Weather Situation:
Severe thunderstorms are expected in a moist airmass on and ahead of a surface trough in the west of the State. Damaging winds and heavy rain are a risk with thunderstorms.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mildura, Swan Hill, Horsham, Stawell, Bendigo and Maryborough.

Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central and South West districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

• Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
  • Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
  • Keep clear of fallen power lines.
  • Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
  • Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
  • Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
  • Be alert that in areas recently affected by fires, heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
  • Stay indoors if possible.
  • Avoid using the phone during the storm.
  • If you are outside, avoid sheltering under trees
  • Listen to the radio for storm updates
  • Switch off your computer and electrical appliances

The next warning is due to be issued by 2:55 am Saturday.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

Once again from BoM.gov.au

Yet another thunderstorm, not as bad and there isn’t a warning for it, welcome to the Australian wet/dry season.