Spotting cameras

Hello! I am looking at good cameras pretty cheap so I can buy lenses with it

Idk how cheap it is, but I uses the Nikon D5500! It’s incredible, and the auto mode is also pretty great for beginners, and even works for planespotting (while taxiing or parked)

3 Likes

And the zoom without any extra lenses?

Also if you don’t mind me asking could you show me some of your shots with your camera? @Hymenopus_Coronatus

1 Like

Idk what your budget is for the camera you’d like but I shoot with a Nikon D5600 with a 70-300MM VR lens

3 Likes

Someone like £100-£200 with lenses

Roughly around that price your looking at just a lens tbh my 70-300mm costs roughly £125 (new)

1 Like

Jesus! Ok but does that zoom in well?

Yes it zooms in quite far, here are some shots

3 Likes

And with my moonshot would it zoom in further than that?

My 70-300mm lens is fitted with a feature called VR which means Vibration Reduction this means you don’t get the extra shaky-ness when zoomed in

3 Likes

For a moon shot I’d recommend a lens bigger than a 70-300mm but idk as I dont really take shots like that but again for a decent lens your looking at the prices of your budget

1 Like

Ok I’ll look into it for my birthday

1 Like

Good luck in finding a camera that will suit your needs, and I hope my opinions helped out.

3 Likes

All of my spotting competition submissions are taken with this camera! Go check them out lol

1 Like

Well I want one that’s good for spotting high up planes like at 3000-4000 feet

And also good for taking real world photos

A 70-300mm can do that but it won’t be the best, for example

Ehh good enough

As long as it gets better moonshots than my phone I’m happy and as long as it’s better quality aswell