Regarding freighters

Does anyone know if Delta Airlines actually have a freighter fleet, meaning they use the actual freighter aircraft like 777F, 757F etc. because China southern airlines have a seperate freighter and I also notice even American airlines and United doesn’t have a seperation fleet, why don’t US airlines also have a seperate fleet, using passenger planes as freighter, is it because it’s more easier that way?

2 Likes

No, they do not. Not all airlines have a freighter fleet like China Southern and Ethiopia etc

4 Likes

Also it’s mostly European, middle eastern, Oceania and Asian airlines that do it like…

Qatar Cargo, Cathay Pacific Cargo, Emirates Sky Cargo, Singapore airlines cargo, Qantas Freight, alitalia Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo, Air France Cargo, KLM cargo, British Airways world cargo.

But there is one airline that does both…
Atlas Air but their pax planes are for military charters to transport the troops

1 Like

I know, why tho…

2 Likes

I guess America doesn’t want to do it, who knows🤷‍♂️

3 Likes

The big 3 used to have a Freighter fleet however they noticed they were lacking behind in the competition and sold them off to the Cargo airlines we know today like Kalitta, Atlas, UPS, FedEx etc.

3 Likes

Correction BA World Cargo doesn’t exist anymore they are now a Atlas Air company

4 Likes

Ethiopian Airlines has a freighter fleet

• Boeing 777-200F
  • Boeing 757F
  • Boeing McDonnell Douglas MD11F
3 Likes

Atlas Air has a big cargo fleet!

• 737-400F
  • 737-800F
  • 747-400
  • 747-400F
  • 747-4LCF
  • 747-8F
  • 767-200
  • 767-200F
  • 767-300
  • 767-300F

I’ve only ever seen the 747-400, 767-200F, 767-300, and 767-300F.

3 Likes

Possibly, Saves money to have 1 aircraft turning over money for pax and cargo.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the AFC and is hidden.

1 Like

Some airlines have that, for example Jet2 they used to have a fleet of 737-300QCs, QC meaning Quick Change, they looked like PAX aircrafts from the outside so they still have windows but there is a cargo door located near the front and they had seats built onto the base of main deck ULDs and they could take them out if freight needed to be flown and vise versa if PAX needed to be flown

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.