Regarding air speed

Hello. As you know, in IF, when flying above 10000 ft, you can only exceeds to 350 limit and as you fly higher, the limit gradually decreased, why is that? Also does this also exists in real life? I read this article and it says the top speed above 10000 ft is Mach 1 which is about 666 knots:

3 Likes

A simple lesson in aviation: never trust the media

2 Likes

But can you answer my question tho, is it actually real regarding the speed limit?

1 Like

Well maybe in other countries, but in the United States and Canada it’s 350

2 Likes

I see. Different countries varies, I wonder if IF already has that feature where speed limit would be different depending on what country is it. But doesn’t all countries follow the FAA regulation as far as I am aware of?

2 Likes

Only the US and Canada are under FAA rule, I think

2 Likes

Interesting, I think FAA is a little bit too restricted(how other countries feel), lol

1 Like

The 250 knot speed limit is FAA mandated below 10000 feet. To answer the second part in your question, the higher you go, the less dense the air becomes so your indicated airspeed is lower but your ground speed is higher. Those limits are set not only by the manufacturer but also by the air density, Tempature etc

4 Likes

What about the 350 knots above 10000 ft, is it also mandated by the FAA?

1 Like

Nah. That’s a structural limit. If the aircraft went faster than it would break apart

5 Likes

That explains it thx

3 Likes

@Maverick_Kenwei

It’s due to the fact the below 10,000’ there’s LOTS and LOTS of stuff to hit. GA aircraft, birds, terrain, buildings, towers and these really neat places called airports. Funny thing about airports is that planes from all over seem to congregate at the them. Ever look at a spoked wheel? The further away from the hub the more space you have but as you get closer things get REALLY tight hence the need to SLOW DOWN. Make sense?

Source: airline pilot life

5 Likes

Very good point

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.