AFC Virtual Airline Regulatory Board

AFCVARB

This AFC feature request has been approved by @ondrej2021

My idea for a form of AFC Virtual Airline Regulatory Board is a bit similar to that of the IFVARB, but is in many ways different. Here are the main focuses of the AFCVARB:

• Virtual Airlines must be approved to have a thread in the AFC
  • PM advertising is not allowed
  • Virtual Airlines must have a website and a form of PIREP system
  • Virtual Airlines can be run on any smulator, or multiple simulators
  • Only members of the AFC will have access to these VAs, as the community starts to grow, the VAs will start to grow
  • This will bring a new aspect to the AFC and will give the AFC more activity
  • Virtual Airlines must have staff members to maintain order within the VA
  • A system of communication between VA members must be established, the best of these being Slack and Disco rd. Group AFC PMs are not recommended due to the message limit and user limit.

Any VAs that do not abide by these rules are subject to a consequence, yet to be decided. It is up to you whether you invite suspended or banned AFC users into your VA, but you will have to figure out how to contact them.

Fully support it, here comes PFG 2.0.

4 Likes

I support this. Will there be Virtual Groups too or just airlines?

2 Likes

Sure! An airline can be fictional, or just a flying group!

2 Likes

I literally have been CEO of 2 VAs(1 in real flight simulator, 1 in Infinite Passengers) and now I am in 1 more VA and plus I need to create a VA for Infinite Flight and X-Plane Mobile(the va operate both flight sim)

2 Likes

I’d rather not have this group. We want to be a community based on aviation, not surrounding flight simulators. We also don’t want to be copying IF too much.

We had this before, and it has been closed before due to the fact that we are centered on aviation.

5 Likes

We already have 3 regulatory boards and if we have 4, it’ll sure bring up a competition or partnership…

1 Like

Any simulator other than IF right? IF already has an IFVARB which we should respect, and not make a copy of what they are doing in terms of there VA/VO. Any other sim is fine

3 Likes

Only we have a regulatory board for Real Flight Simulator and Infinite Passengers so we need to create a RB other than IF, RFS, and IFPAX, not sure about FSX tho.

1 Like

Like I said: This is surrounding aviation, not flight simulators. If you want to talk about flight simulators, we have a #flight-simulation category for that. If you want to have a VA, maybe we can make a VA Tracking Thread in #fictional-world like the Airlines Manager Tracking Thread. But there is no point for a VA regulatory board in this community

3 Likes

It could be any simulator(s) including IF.

Then that defeats the point of AFC, IFVARB has it handled, why even create AFCVARB

1 Like

Only we don’t seem to have a regulatory board for PC flight sims like FSX, P3D, why tho? That’s what I really wanted to know.

1 Like

I kinda catch on here Bert. We are here for aviation talk, not a flight simulator community. Copying someone else’s idea of making a virtual airline board isn’t the way to go. We can talk about flight simulators and have tracking threads, but don’t make a duplicate on what IF has developed

1 Like

Their intention is to advertise a simulator-based VA on this forum, whether it be from IF, RFS, X-Plane, or FSX. But we don’t need the AFCVARB. If you really want to advertise your VA, one of you can create a Virtual Airline Tracking Thread in either #flight-simulation or #fictional-world and you can talk about your VAs from there. It is similar to how the Airlines Manager Tracking Thread works.

3 Likes

I will do it

2 Likes

I had flag this to let the mods know. Once it’s close, I can create the thread…

1 Like

Let them know what?

I will create a va tracking thread

1 Like

You didn’t have to flag it! You could have just linked my post.