A little bit of R (Rest) and A (Aviation)

Not really sure where to put this but I think this is something that we all need to hear and think about in our daily lives…

As I laid in bed the other night (Monday, OCT 28) after a long day traveling, I realized that it’s perfectly accepted to take a day off from work on your normal schedule. Not only is it acceptable, but we as human beings need it. Our bodies are always go go go but there is always a time that our bodies need rest. It’s okay to get off the computer for the day, not take phone calls for the day, etc and go out and explore this wonderful world we have before us. I did exactly that today.

As many of you guys know, I work the ramp. Ever since I’ve gotten hired (June), I’ve put in 45-55 hour weeks and I’m suppose to be part time (25-30 hours a week). You might think, “wow, that’s not much of a difference” but I guarantee you you would feel the same after 6 months of grinding that non stop. Yes I am young but that doesn’t mean my body doesn’t need a break. I have a long life ahead of me and should take care of my body the best I can and listen to it.

With all that being said, Monday, October 28th, 2019, mg buddy (who works from the same company. I do) decided to take a trip out to Tucson, Arizona for the day to go to Pima Air and Space Museum. It was a great day hanging with one of my best friends and fellow co-worker traveling across the country for free and also walking around and talking about airplanes and how cool they are. We also had some fire authentic Mexican food from a local taco truck. After we ate, we went back to the airport and decided to catch any early flight back to Dallas and then back to Little Rock. While, we left Tucson earlier than planned, we got home on time after almost not getting on the plane. Through all of that though, we had a great time and it was nice to go out and fly with friends and have a day off in the middle of the week.